Control Now Ltd – Head of Commercial Strategy
May 24, 2022
Job Title: Head of Commercial Strategy
Location: Remote working with office in London
Rate: Competitive Salary, + commission, + share options
Hiring From: January 2023
Job Type: Full Time
Control Now Summary
Control Now (CN) is a regulatory technology business established in 2017 specifically to address investment firm’s requirements to submit complete and accurate transaction reports for global financial regulations (e.g. MiFIR Article 15(3), RTS 22). Transaction Reports provide information to regulators which are used to protect consumers and monitor the risk of market contagion.
Control Now is disrupting the current market for Transaction Reporting assurance and consultancy with fully automated software delivered as a SAAS solution.
Since being founded, Control Now has focused on developing its products and processes to allow for the rapid scaling of the business while growing a loyal base of early adopter clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to and benefit from a young, successful business in a growing industry; learn directly from industry experts in a friendly environment and support improving the quality of data available to financial regulatory authorities.
Control Now is looking for a candidate to sit alongside the COO, Head of System Architecture and Chief of Staff, who are required collectively to implement the strategy set by the Board of Directors.
The Head of Commercial Strategy will be responsible for implementing Control Now’s commercial strategy, with particular emphasis on managing sales, marketing and investment strategies.
The role will also be required to support the Board of Directors in discussing and agreeing on business strategy.
The role will oversee all sales, account management and marketing teams.
The tasks and responsibilities will include;
- Support the board of directors with the definition of business vision and strategy.
- Definition, implementation and maintenance of scalable sales and marketing processes
- Support product strategy
- Support system operation function
- Support definition of KPIs and implementation of data-driven monitoring
- Owner for delivery of business’s commercial strategy. Specifically, this includes;
- Sales Strategy: Definition and execution (e.g. sector, geographic and target client strategies).
- Product Positioning: Definition and maintenance of product service levels & pricing.
- Brand ambassadorship: Thought leadership, accreditation and panel discussions etc.
- Digital Marketing: Communicate business strategy to key stakeholders via digital channels.
- Investment Strategy: Analysis and identification of potential investors.
- Client Facing – This role is the face of our business. We require candidates to be presentable and to be able to understand and empathize with our clients.
- Leadership: The candidate should naturally encourage others through an inclusive and inspirational management style. They should feel comfortable with the delegation and promote a community of cohesive attitudes.
- Business Acumen and Initiative: The role requires someone who can contribute to the definition of business strategy, and feel comfortable with the delivery of this strategy. They will be expected to have a collaborative attitude in working with the board of directors and c-suite.
- Effective Communication – The candidate should be confident about communicating around our subject matter (large data sets and complex regulations). Our software does the heavy lifting, and they will be supported by industry experts, but the role requires a candidate who isn’t intimidated by data and technology.
- Team player: Control Now is a product-led organisation. It is important that the Head of Commercial Strategy is able to assess commercial opportunities with the organisation’s best interests in mind.
- Process Driven: Control Now focus on delivering streamlined and highly scalable services. The candidate must be well organised and focused on constant process improvement. The candidate must be able to design and implement sales and marketing processes which will be adopted by the organisation.
- Experience: We are looking for a candidate to own the company’s commercial strategy. The candidate needs experience with data-intensive applications which handle capital markets financial data, implemented with Microsoft Services. They should be familiar with start-up technology cultures and have worked with senior stakeholders from a range of financial services sectors.
Please feel free to contact us in the strictest confidence at for further information.
Applications for the role will require a CV accompanied by a brief covering letter introducing the applicant.
No Agencies Please!