Senior React Developer
October 4, 2023
Job Title: Senior Developer – Portal
Team: Software Engineering
Location: Remote working with offices in London & Sofia
Rate: Competitive, + revenue share, + share options
Date available: October 2023
Job type: Full Time
Company: Control Now Ltd
Control Now Summary
Control Now (CN) is a regulatory technology business established in 2017 specifically to address investment firms’ requirements to submit complete and accurate transaction reports for EMIR and MIFIR (ESMA Article 15(3), RTS 22). Transaction Reports provide information to regulators which is used to protect consumers and monitor the risk of market contagion.
Control Now is disrupting the current market for Transaction Reporting submission and assurance with fully automated software delivered as a SAAS solution.
Since being founded, Control Now has focused on developing its products and processes to allow for rapid scaling of the business while growing a loyal base of early adopter clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to and benefit from a young, successful business in a growing industry; learn directly from industry experts in a friendly environment and support improving the quality of data available to financial regulatory authorities.
Control Now is looking for a Senior Developer to take responsibility for ownership of the Portal product. The Portal Senior Developer will play a vital role in supporting the Operations Team to deliver the highest quality services to our customers.
The role is strongly connected across the whole company, with a requirement to provide product and feature demonstrations to the management team and beyond, and to contribute to product documentation.
- Take ownership of the Portal product – set the overall direction for CN’s web UIs.
- Work with the core development team to develop the product.
- Set standards for quality and unit testing.
- Work with the QA team on web UI and API testing.
- Line management functions for a small group of developers (not necessarily “your team” for day-to-day work).
- Work with the COO on building up the development teams.
- Carry out other tasks as required – we are still a small company and sometimes need people to work on projects other than their primary assignment.
- Proactive management of stakeholders’ expectations and expected delivery timelines.
Skills & Experience
- Significant experience with React.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of UI testing.
- Excellent knowledge of React ecosystem – libraries and frameworks.
- Strong UX understanding – see below for details of our specific portal use cases.
- Configuration settings
- Reports based on large data sets – Charts, graphs, tables
- Data Analytics
- Issue trackers
- File stores
- MI Dashboard
- Some experience with alternative stacks.
- Some backend experience.
- Experienced working in development teams – ideally Agile (with shared leadership) or in a leadership role.
- Experienced working across teams – understanding how other system components work and communicating clear requirements to other teams.
- Ability to simplify complex technical points to other teams
- Good mentoring skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Exposure to data visualization tools and integration process
- Preferable – Experience in working with financial data or similar.
- Interest in the latest technologies and how they can help our services.
- g. recommend 3rd party suppliers to improve the UX like Tableau
For further information, please feel free to contact .
No Agencies Please!