CySEC reviews EMIR data quality
January 12, 2023
CySEC recently carried 40 reviews of data reported to TRs between January 2021 and August 2022 to assess the quality of reported data.
They published their results in circular C545. Please find a summary of issues observed here;
- Option contracts were reported as contracts for difference (‘CFDs’)
- CFD contracts were identified with an ISIN of underlying
- Wrong asset class
- Forwards reported as CFDs (and vice versa)
- Missing terminations
- Incorrect Collateralisation
- Operational issues caused by processing in different timezones
- Outsourced provider system issues
- Painting and matching issues – UTIs not matching
- Internal client codes where LEI available
Investment firms have been “urged to regularly review the procedures established, implemented and maintained, in relation to EMIR reporting”
Control Now Ltd (2017), is a provider of Transaction Reporting software tools to empower market participants to perform oversight of their Regulatory Reporting Processes. Control Now Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or damage caused by use of or reliance on this information or any other information published by Control Now Ltd. Recipients of this information must perform their own due diligence to confirm the information is accurate and relevant for their business scenario. Control Now Ltd reserves its right to re-publish the information.