ESMA CONSULTS ON FUTURE REPORTING GUIDELINES UNDER SFTR
May 27, 2019
- ESMA have released their draft guidelines on how to report securities financing transactions (SFTs)
- Public consultation process on the content of the document.
- Reporting start date: 11th April 2020 for credit institutions and investment firms
- Phased-in application for other entities until January 2021
- The guidelines include general principles that apply to SFT reporting, including how the reports should be constructed and where the reports should be sent.
- In Q3 2019 ESMA will consider the feedback it receives to this consultation. ESMA expects to publish a final report on the Guidelines on Reporting under SFTR in Q4 2019.