ESMA: SFTR: Go Live Delayed
March 19, 2020
Please find below a statement from ESMA regarding the delay to SFTR go-live due to the COVID-19 outbreak. In summary;
- Reporting obligations start date delayed from 13.04.20 to 13.07.20
- (For credit institutions, investment firms, and relevant third-country entities)
- All other deadlines remain the same currently (Ph2, Ph3 and Ph4).
- Firms do not need to register to a trade repository until after 13.04.20.
- Firms can go live and start reporting before 13.07.20 if they wish, but if a firm does not choose to go live until 13.07.20 there will be no back reporting requirements.
Please find ESMA’s public statement here.